Friday, November 13, 2009

the buck stopped here

Yesterday around lunch my neighbor called from her car to say that she just pulled into her driveway and saw this guy hanging out.
Buck in the driveway
Not a normal visitor to our 1st ring suburban neighborhood.

Later he circled back for a closer shot.
Buck
The bud kept calling him a reindeer. It seems the excitement of the "reindeer season" is already upon us.


Our poor little tiger (aka the Bud) seemed to catch just about every bug out there last month. I am crossing my fingers that he is finally on the mend for good.
Sweet Tiger

Thankfully we have managed to keep the Cupcake healthy during this very germy time.
Adoring Cupcake


Meanwhile... I have been knitting away on many secret projects.

finished this (ravelry link)
Sneak Peek #1

checked off this (ravelry link)
Sneak Peek #2

still working on this (ravelry link)
Sneak Peek #3

and this (ravelry link)
Sneak Peek #4

and this (ravelry link)
Sneak Peek #5

(I recently learned that I can now post photos directly to Ravelry - so there are more pics and details there)

I did take a little break from secret knitting to whip up a beret for myself - or as my friend called it, a beret-k (just say it out loud).

I love a good beret - every girl needs at least one in her hat arsenal - and when I saw this one in the recent Vogue Holiday magazine, I knew I needed to cast on.
Lace Beret

I have finally learned how to read a chart "lefty style" - it's like a whole new knitting world just opened itself up to me. This lace cart based on a Japanese stitch pattern was a joy to knit.
Lace Beret - 1

Many folks, including the infamous yarn harlot, have fallen in love with Dream in Color Starry lately - this is very similar (superwash, semi-solid, fingering weight, spun with a little silver), but is from Zen Yarn Garden - a favorite little shop of mine.
Lace Beret - On
Ravelry Link

I hope you all are making time for a break (or a beret-k) for yourselves.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Michelle O said...

Wow! You have been busy and everything looks so beautiful!

November 13, 2009 3:06 PM  
Blogger magnusmog said...

I've been queuing up beret patterns this week too - there's an Eighties fashion revival going on in the UK and it has brought back fond memories of the lilac felted beret I wore as a teenager.

November 13, 2009 4:50 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Those are some great projects you've got going. Just in the past couple days, I've been casting on left and right - and have ore planned!

November 14, 2009 7:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home