Sunday, June 07, 2009

They say it's June

...but you wouldn't know it from the weather this weekend.
It's been so cold and rainy.
The drizzle stopped enough today for a small group of us from the Roseville String Ensemble to play at a re-dedication of an amphitheater of a local park.

RSE Amphitheater Re-Dedication

Let me tell you... it was cold. I was very thankful for my fingerless mitts -  and yes, I kept them on during our performance. Did I say it was cold?

We had no idea just how cold and windy it would feel out at the park.
Grandma and Grandpa pulled out the emergency blanket they had stashed in the car!

Grandma and Grandpa with the Bud

Grandpa and the Bud

Grandma and the Bud

Thanks to Mr. 5 for taking a few photos while I was trying to keep my fingers warm and moving enough to play selections from Fiddler on the Roof and West Side Story
There is something special about playing show tunes in a park though. I don't get to do that enough.

Speaking of the photos. We got ourselves a new camera in preparation for a new spurt of important photo taking with Cupcake arriving this fall. Thanks, Bertha, for allowing us to upgrade with your upgrade.

Also in preparation for Cupcake...

Cupcake's BSJ

...the Baby Surprise Jacket is finished. I used fingering weight, so it is small - but it is the perfect size for a newborn.
I love how this pattern looks in a semi-solid yarn. 
I love knitting away at the soothing garter stitch. 
And I love the complete genius of Elizabeth Zimmerman - only an amazingly gifted knitting mind could come up with such a pattern.
I am knitting a Sweet Baby Cap to match, and I might think about some booties or socks if I have enough yarn left after that.

Cupcake's BSJ
Ravelry Project Page

I may need to make another BSJ in a slightly larger size, we will see.
I did splurge last weekend and purchased a kit for a Tulip Cardigan (with the Anita's Rainbow set of colors), and I have some other ideas too. I'm not sure what I will start next. 
So many choices.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Bertha said...

yay! I've been loving all the shots you've been taking with the D40! So glad you like it!

June 08, 2009 9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home